Reporting a Coeur d’Alene Idaho Work Injury

What should you do if you suffer an Idaho work accident or are injured on the job in Idaho? Your actions following a work injury may make the difference between and accepted or denied workers’ compensation claim.

If you’ve suffered a work injury in Coeur d’Alene, or anywhere else in Idaho, you should do the following:

  • Report an Idaho work accident or on-the-job injury to your supervisor immediately.
  • Ask your employer to file a Notice of Injury be filed with the Idaho Industrial Commission.
  • If you need medical attention, see a doctor as soon as possible. Tell the doctor how the accident and work injury happened and where it hurts.
  • Follow your doctor’s orders – and ask about what you shouldn’t do.
  • Don’t sign anything without legal advice.
  • If your Idaho work comp claim is denied or if you are confused, contact an experienced Idaho work injury attorney for legal help.
Coeur d'Alene Idaho Workers' Compensation First Report of Injury
Idaho Workers’ Compensation Notice of Injury

By following these steps, the workers’ compensation insurance carrier is more likely to accept your claim. If your claim is denied or you have concerns about how your claim is being handled, contact us for a free case review.