Michael Thor Kessinger
- Michael was born and raised in Orofino, Idaho. After graduating from Orofino High School, he went on a two year service mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Northern Italy. Upon returning from his mission, Michael began his higher education. He earned an associate's degree from North Idaho College in Coeur d'Alene and a bachelor's degree from Wabash College in Indiana, then returned to Moscow, Idaho, where he eared his law degree from the University of Idaho College of Law.
- Idaho Workers’ Compensation
- Personal injury cases in Washington and Idaho
- Social Security Disability claims
- Supplemental Security Income claims
Bar Admissions, Professional Associations, and Memberships
- Idaho State Bar Association – 2003
- Washington State Bar Association – 2007
- United States District Court, District of Idaho – 2003
- Idaho Industrial Commission Certification for Workers’ Compensation Professionals – 2004
- Idaho Trial Lawyers Association – 2003 – present
- University of Idaho College of Law – Moscow, Idaho
- Juris Doctor December 2002
- Wabash College – Crawfordsville, Indiana
- Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, Magna Cum Laude, May 2000
- Senior Awards:
- Daniels Award in Philosophy of Law
- George A. Lipsky Award
- William Nelson White Award
- Honor Societies
- Pi Sigma Alpha
- Psi Chi
- North Idaho College – Coeur d’Alene, Idaho
- Associate of Arts – May 1998
- Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society
Language in addition to English
- Outdoor activities
Idaho Supreme Court Cases
- Kelly v. Blue Ribbon Linen Supply, Inc., 360 P.3d 333 (2015).
- Mayer v. TPC Holdings, Inc., 160 Idaho 223, 370 P.3d 738 (2016).
Idaho Industrial Commission Decisions
- Leonard2003 v. National Union Fire Insurance Co., 2003 IIC 0883 (Dec. 2003).
- Woods v. New Schweitzer Mountain, LLC, and Liberty Northwest Ins. Co., 2004 IIC 0492 (July 2013).
- Lamb v. Bonner County School District #83, and Idaho State Insurance Fund, 2004 IIC 0524 (July 2004).
- Ague v. Idaho Housing and Finance Assoc., and Idaho State Insurance Fund, 2005 IIC 0694 (Sep. 2005).
- Rasmussen v. Slims Recycling, and Idaho State Insurance Fund, 2008 IIC 0324 (May 2008).
- Gregory v. Schwabs Screw Machines, and Liberty Northwest Ins. Corp., 2008 IIC 0791 (Oct. 2008).
- Zollman v. Jopo, Inc., dba Zip Trip, and Idaho State Insurance Fund, 2008 IIC 0812 (Oct. 2008).
- Ruddell v. ATK Alliant Techsystems, and Insurance Company of the State of Pennsylvania, 2009 IIC 0294 (June 2009).
- Harrison v. ATK Alliant Techsystems/Ammunition Accessories, and Insurance Company of the State of Pennsylvania, 2009 IIC 0360 Aug. 2009).
- Berry v. Advanced Buildings, Inc., and Liberty Northwest Ins. Corp., 2009 IIC 0523 (Sept. 2009).
- Voglewede v. Fair Dinkum Genuine Co., and Idaho State Insurance Fund, 2011 IIC 0026 (May 2011).
- Harrison v. ATK Alliant Techsystems Ammunition Accessories, and Insurance Company of the State of Pennsylvania, 2011 IIC 0057 (Aug. 2011).
- Welch v. Regulus Stud Mills, and Liberty Northwest Ins. Corp., 2012 IIC 0050 (June 2012).
- Liedkie v. Sodexo, Inc., and New Hampshire Ins. Co., 2012 IIC 0059 (July 2012).
- Harrison v. ATK Alliant Techsystems/Ammunition Accessories, and Insurance Company of the State of Pennsylvania, 2013 IIC 0042 (May 2013).
- Kelly v. Blue Ribbon Linen Supply, Inc., and Idaho State Insurance Fund, 2014 IIC 0074 (Sept. 2014). Appealed to the Supreme Court of the State of Idaho.
- Currin v. Clearwater Paper Corp., and Workers Compensation Exchange, 2015 IIC 0026 (June 2015).
- Mayer v. TPC Holdings, Inc., and Liberty Northwest Ins. Corp., 2015 IIC 0031 (July 2015). Appealed to the Supreme Court of the State of Idaho.
- Anderson v. Gamma Phi Beta Sorority, and Continental Casualty Co., 2016 IIC 0026 (June 2016).
- Lopez v. Anheuser-Busch Companies, and Indemnity Ins. Co. of America, 2016 IIC 0028 (June 2016).
Articles and Seminars
- Heart Attack Cases in Idaho, ITLA Journal Vol. 40, No. 1.
- Occupational Disease Claim Basics, ITLA Journal Vol. 41, No. 4.
- Idaho Workers' Compensation Case Law Update, ISB Workers Compensation Section Annual Seminar in Sun Valley, Feb. 27, 2015.
- Idaho Workers' Compensation Case Law Review, ISB Workers' Compensation Section Annual Seminar in Boise, March 11, 2016.
- Impairment and Disability: Moving Targets?, ITLA Fall Conference in McCall, Oct. 7, 2016.
- Idaho Workers' Compensation Basics, Ray McNichols Inns of Court in Clarkston, March 9, 2017.
- Impairment and Disability: Moving Targets, ITLA Journal Vol. 46 No. 3.
- Idaho State Bar Annual Workers Compensation Seminar, Current Issues in Workers Comp Cases, March 9, 2018.